is that of S. Mary of Egypt or Egyptian. I had
a quest to discover what was on my name day ( and mind you that still do not know precisely ) for my name is Myriam (written with y, and not always habit or fashion). At birth, among other things, I was given a middle name (my father had insisted that both me and my two sisters we had one) that is written in Italian which means Enikoe and Anna, but then never was used.
Often I was told that my name means Myriam Maria and has a Jewish origin. In fact after some research I found that the origin of the name is older and dates back to the ancient Egyptians. He a similar meaning to "beloved by God, Ra (sun god)," The Rebel "," One who sees "(ie with the famous third eye) or" Sybil. "
a result I thought that Santa could represent me most was her own: Santa Maria Egypt. What I found so represented in two pictures: here when I can not upload for whatever problem with the Blog but you can see in my Picasa photo album at the following address http://picasaweb.google .com / myriam.eroess / ImmaginiDiBlogger
To find out more trivia about Miriam I recommend you take a look at web page on Wikipedia
What's your story?
Santa Mary of Egypt (Alexandria , 344 (approx.) - April 2 421 (approx.)) was a holy and nun Egyptian , former prostitute . (Unusual that a prostitute to become holy? Perhaps, but then if we think of Mary Magdalene, who is assumed to be the wife of Jesus and the mother of his children ....)
is venerated by the Catholic Church from that Orthodox and the Coptic . Although the story of his life, just as there is been handed down from Sofronio, bishop of Jerusalem , consists almost exclusively on matters of dubious value historiography, most of the time clearly hagiographic, but it is based on a historical core, consisting of the Palestinian presence in the hinterland the tomb of a holy hermit named Mary, present since the fifth century . Founded in
344 to Alexandria , Mary fled from his home at the age of twelve years indulging in a dissolute life and living by begging and doing guadagnadosi the prostitute, although in his Vita tells you how often refused the money offered for their sexual favors. At the age of twenty-nine met in Alexandria, a group of pilgrims that they were embarking Jerusalem and, according to the author of his push hagiography by a desire to leave the ' Egypt to visit new lands, embarked with them, seducing one after another. Once arrived in the city, the feast day of of the cross, he was prevented from visiting with his companions in the Basilica by a force that prohibit access as not worthy of note that the cross of Christ that with his behavior lustful so despised. Having realized his fall, she began to pray in front of the 'icon of the Mother of God, after which they can enter the Basilica and to worship the True Cross. Leaving, again prayed before the icon of the Virgin and heard a voice telling her: "If you cross the Jordan River, he'll find peace and happiness."
According to his Vita ; sentitasi call at Jordan River, and went there, pentitasi of its existence dissolute, he immersed himself in its waters to purify , after receiving the communion Eucharistic in the basilica of St. John the Baptist , then located on the banks of the River. Since then is told that Mary began a long journey of penance the desert.
Her solitary wanderings lasted forty-seven years, where she is fed only with grass that was on its way. Zosimus, a monaco a Palestinian monastery, met her during a similar pilgrimage he undertook for the Lenten season. In the words of Sofronio, he found before him a very thin woman, with long hair naked white like wool. By agreeing to talk to Monaco after having her give him a cloak to cover up, Maria told Zosimus the circumstances that had led to his long pilgrimage, and for the second time of arrival in Palestine, he informed. Zosimo Maria left promising to return in the same location the following year. The Monaco
returned, as promised, finding the holy dead, with the same coat that he had won the previous year. Legend has it that her grave had been dug from the claws of a lion .I find it very strange the similarities of the Life of Santa with some parts of my life, that to be a kind of hermit after a series of vicissitudes and sufferings that have brought me this far. Currently I have 47 years and possibly my pilgrimage is over. Do not speak to you of my constant changes of residence and many removals I've done. Even as a child I had made my living a kind of "gypsy life", although not of nomadic origin, it 'working in a circus. Let's say it was life itself and its many connections to bring me to live this way. I've never been a prostitute even though more than once I found myself in situations where I could have forced to do so (my father at age thirteen, the drug in 18 years, knowledge of questionable provenance during my youth) but because of my past I have always considered my priority to personal dignity and I have never ventured to get to the point of having to sell my body, even trouble to those who dared speak to God!
I've had several partners this is true, but always one at a time, while remaining very faithful to each of them until the end of each report (and sometimes even beyond ), I believe in love even though almost all of them I was very disappointed in the behavior and make me very wary about ability to love people of the male sex in general.
Another analogy I find it very strong with a literary character that has always fascinated me a lot, which is called Ayesha and that we find in books Henry Rider Haggard (1865-1925).
A good friend of mine introduced me to the author just because I was in a lot in common with the protagonist of those adventures. Dilianata a woman from finding a love that does not exceed that in life and harsh tests. A beautiful woman, regal and intelligent that it can also be frightening at times and can be very hard. A woman who has been shaped by the pain that has become mild, sweet, generous, submissive to the will of God that man A woman who loves her always (Leo, a man fighting against the lions with his bare hands and whose very name means lion) finds her, only after long and laborious research, transformed in the likeness of an old wrinkled with long white hair.
0 comments:
Post a Comment