today ... today I feel like a wolf !
My flock is there, 20km from my lair, do not know if they're going to hunt or if they stand the heat ... with the arrival of spring will come back to run with them, but not today, today I'm going to hunt alone!
Sunday, February 7, it is not raining but the sky dark lightning threat and downpours, is a classic day where people cower in shopping centers or if they are under the covers to warm to watch any good movies, but not me: I feel it is the right day to go hunting even though I know that will not be an easy game because of soft soil.
Esco from my den it's cold and it seems to rain at any moment, the temptation is to go straight back, but the call of nature is too strong and sadly I boot.
long time I'm looking for old abandoned trails, paths that would allow me to reach the broader areas of the Sibillini without going through the paved roads, smell like a wolf the air, I feel that big game: I do not know why, but I can feel it!
Retrace the paths slowly made a few weeks ago, the mud begins to lord it! The DRZ starts tailing fearfully, while I try to learn quickly how to keep it at bay, but it's really hard. I put in any path or road that would keep me away from the bitumen rampant, while I walk slowly to the Apennines. I approached a peak, believed to find some nice trails, after all the lush vegetation that surrounds the summit looking good. Step palm palm every single path in this area is limited only to not go on lawns or cultivated land, is my rule! Around several times around this collinotto, but I have to give up: there are no trails or dirt roads. A descent of land approached slowly, the rear wheel locks until I fell down at the end: ok, I had reckoned, but it hurts the morale! But what hurts the most likely, is that hunting is not giving the desired results!
Arrive in Ascoli, tired and miserable Scazzi for hunting. The sky is getting blacker, the wind rushing from the west almost to want to push home. I watch him worried, will be a sign of nature? It will be the nature wants to get away from some kind of trouble? Beginning to be afraid. Stubbornness against fear, a fight already seen 2 to 0 for stubbornness is obvious, unfortunately!
After a bit of gasoline topped up and eating pizza with a fleeting Marty, I get back in the hunt. I think some parts that should take less than no time in the mountains. The wolf in me slowly gets back in the hunt alone as always, because he alone has it in! But it's apparent loneliness, he knows that soon on those sites will bring his pack and then it will be big game hunting. But the discovery no: that's one thing to live alone, with all the pros and against many that this entails.
slowly beginning to rise in altitude, but the day is generous with its rewards: a few short dirt road, a beautiful girl who goes jogging :-)))) checked from somewhere and some way to tractors fangosissima sac. The city is under, with its frenetic pace, the 40-inch TVs deals and warm air, while forests up here are just mud tracks and a bitter cold: no I'm sorry, I prefer my solitude and my fears . Already, the mountain provides us with breathtaking views at the same time, his silence, the majesty of its mountains, the gloomy sky, the wind blowing violent, instil fear in me.
Do not really know if there is a God, if there is actually a superior entity that sees and observes the world: if this really exists, yesterday must have been a lot of pity to see me continue to doggedly search paths. In fact, when it was turning the knobs to the house as if by magic I have appeared some time ago I noted that trails from the top.
observe the mountain that is above me, the snow touches some houses a few hundred meters above the village where I am in a little while dirt is thrown headlong into a narrow valley covered with a dense and seemingly impenetrable bush: it is the way I'm looking for! I do not think twice and I put me there without even thinking: contentment and enthusiasm are a thousand, while a smile to my teeth 2587 is printed in the face. I do not know where you take the course but I find him in one!
observe the mountain that is above me, the snow touches some houses a few hundred meters above the village where I am in a little while dirt is thrown headlong into a narrow valley covered with a dense and seemingly impenetrable bush: it is the way I'm looking for! I do not think twice and I put me there without even thinking: contentment and enthusiasm are a thousand, while a smile to my teeth 2587 is printed in the face. I do not know where you take the course but I find him in one!
A steep descent brings me to a small creek, a few meters and you pour me a show breathtaking, "here's no fun" I think to myself. First and second gas to the whole, the road starts to climb gently then more and more straight. A maze of trails branch off to the right and left slipping in a tropical jungle. I'll be spoiled for choice, I choose at random and find myself in a land of steep slope with a dry bend to the right to do at full throttle. It does not seem real, so beautiful and a playground without a soul! Via a second on other walls, with the bike that I give him more and more gas as you wish! It is because this is a way to do so, in all, this is fun! The tropical jungle gives way to some of the lush meadows with oak trees, as the snow slowly approaches. Reach a country, still pumped from the dirt just made me slip on a steep path: uncertainty and are on the ground. Ten minutes to get out, the time to understand that it is the case to face some alone paths and persuade them to stay on the dirt. Provo a two or three times without success, eventually returned to the starting point.
Before resuming the journey, I stop to eat a bar, sit down and immerse myself in the deep silence of this small tropical jungle ...
date back in the saddle, ford the stream, first downs tackled at all then right turn slipping into a gallery of reeds.
I walked out still surprised that I will pour a long straight muddy: a second and then all over for another climb. In less than no time I reach the houses, faccioinversione and returned to the base. "And now ????" observe a slope of dry stone with a bend to the left then ..." bho let's see! "Way up the hill, turn left and then on made in support of fast in the middle of a meadow where the rear wheel starts to wave. But I insist I have to stop, the grass is so wet that the wheel is not taken! I walk on ahead, to lawn where there is a tear in order to push the bike there died needless to salt!
I find a more consistent pass that cuts the grass in two, but this forces me to make a sharp bend to the left ... more anything! I push the bike a few yards, then I put in this step, ride the bike, all gas, a few feet before bending the front end jumps up a piece of wood and almost throw me to the ground just as well long legs! Allotment, easily overcome the tear and follow faithfully the dirt. A long series of curves and tear in me back in a short muddy sections with bitumen, while the enthusiasm is high! Nice location, I can not wait for it to dry come with the fat!
point to Ascoli, now I saw what I see and I can go home happy hunting. When we already anticipate a hot chocolate my eye falls on a dirt road that slips into a stream, "is mine." Starts hunting accident, one, two but the third time on the right track. Foretaste already climbing to do in all but the descent is steep and full of mud. Hang back wheels and I have to get off sfrizionando. I go to scout ahead on foot, the heart starts beating wildly. On the other side of the road seems better, bottomed with different stones, there should not be problems. I'll be back from the small, I remove entire blocks of mud, rekindle the bike and allotment. It seems go all right, but I realize how hard they are on the rear wheel hardly turns. The engine runs fine but the clutch is cooked. Damn mud!
Tutun Tutun Tutun, the heart starts beating louder and louder!
And now? Who takes it from here? A helicopter?
not despair, Gio is at home, I call it: "Gio, you have to do? I need a big favor. You have to do? - I'm troubled on a forum, tell me - You should take a rope and boots and coming here - What happened to you? - No not the bike goes, I think I burned the clutch, we have to pull up a steep road, but I can not miss where I am - so what? - doing so, come up to and then from there you drive - ok, I'll be right! "I go" on the surface "to understand where I am, to find a good reference to tell Gio," a busy street of houses and a large warehouse, suffice as a guideline? "I feel Orpheus, and a telephone analysis confirms to me the report: burnt clutch, MO SO COCKS!
As long as Giò look back at the bike, back on and try to implement some recommendations of Nuvola. The bike moves forward, so that will not have to push hard up the climb. Tribulation little, then I understand that up to half the discs we are to bring up to me and I climb into the saddle. The clutch is gone, but what little friction is enough to get me out of trouble. On a fast climb up the other left right, in less than no time I'm back on the bitumen, a few minutes and Ascoli
Giò I see, I calm down and between a punch and a chocolate show him photos of the day and joke about what happened to exorcise fear. But there is little to joke, something had happened to me whom I found myself in the valley? None. I went to Marty's story had happened and showed him the bike with the fairing of mud. I start at the car wash: 6 € half an hour and working to restore the hull to its original color!
The leopard can not change its spots, so unfortunately it is. Sooner or later I'll have to remove the bad habit of going off alone, I can always hope that the cell takes in secluded valleys and that there is someone to pull me out of trouble!
Thanks to Gio, who has given up the family to come to me to bail out.
Mané
the photos are here
http://picasaweb.google.com/manetransalp1/IlLupoPerdeIlPelo #
0 comments:
Post a Comment